Monday, 12 July 2010

The Vegie Patch

Since we arrived here we had a goal to become as self sufficient in our food supplies as possible.  In February we started preparing our vegie garden with four beds which as much as possible, I would use rotational planting in.  The first bed was experimental to see if we had the right soil mix, aspect, water etc. So far, the results have been excellent.  Here are some pics of the construction phase.


We are hopeful that during summer we can ramp up the production and start preserving and freezing our produce.

When I was a kid, my mum had a great vegie garden.  She grew all sorts of produce - my strongest memory of the garden was harvesting potatoes - I felt like a real farmer!
I get another go at the experience now with the wonderful support of Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment