Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Pickled and sweet

A busy day in the kitchen again today.  First up, pickling a small harvest of beetroot from the weekend.  Beetroot for summer bbqs - looking forward to that. 

Second job was making the passionfruit butter - like lemon butter but not.  I experimented with a new recipe this time, so tasting the final product will be a surprise.

Today's tasty treats


The dogs dinner was next up; a 2kg pack of pet mince from Aldi plus plenty of vegies and rice, pearl barley and some pasta.  This makes up about 3 weeks worth of dinners for Billy and Jessie.  Once the mixture has cooled, I put it into cling wrap in plastic margarine containers ready to freeze.  Then, each day I take out a 'brick' to defrost for their afternoon meal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on the Orange and Apricot Loaf. I've got the revised edition and its on page 312, just under the Date Loaf. I actually stumbled across it. I forget what's in there half the time. Some great classics. Sounds like you're living in a great part of the world. If it's where I think you are, my Mum's from around those parts.

    Nice of you to drop in Barb!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete