A journal of my favourite pastimes gardening, farming and sewing.

Thursday, 26 June 2014

SHEEP FOR SALE


Sadly it looks like we will be selling our current flock of sheep rather than take them up the range as we had planned.  Boonah is situated in a tick infected zone and our farm near Allora is in tick free zone, we have been trying to decide if we should take them up with us.  

All things considered, the cost and potential risk is not worth it in our minds.  The last thing we want is to introduce ticks into our environment on the farm, possibly putting our and surrounding properties into quarantine for several years.  

Look at that face

Apparently the dogs and chooks/ducks are ok to move without treatment.  

So, I'm really sad about selling them and will miss them all.  Hopefully I will be able to find them good homes.

5 comments:

  1. That's a shame, Barb. I always notice the 'Tick Free Zone' signs when coming back from the Sunny Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a shame, but better safe than sorry I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad but wise decision. Looks like everything is getting close for the move. Do you have a final day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Lynda, not as yet. Inching towards though.

      Delete
  4. Hi Barb if you are looking at selling your sheep I know some one who is after some in my area.

    ReplyDelete