A journal of my favourite pastimes gardening, farming and sewing.

Thursday, 2 April 2015

Pineapple Jam

The other day on Facebook - (oh yes quite the Facebook-er I am ha ha)  - anyway the other day I saw a recipe for Pineapple & Rhubarb jam.  I was telling Peter about it and he said he remembered loving eating State brand pineapple jam when he was young.  I asked the FB gods for a recipe and up it came.

I think mine turned out a bit too dark but it does taste lovely - even for me who is not a big jam eater.  

Source: Meg's Kitchen facebook page

The recipe reads:



Pineapple Jam

 Ingredients
1 pineapple peeled & finely diced
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
¼ cup lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a bowl and leave overnight.

Next day - tip into boiler - Bring slowly to the boil - reduce a little.  Test on a frozen plate to see if it wrinkles - if not check again in ten minutes etc.  When ready bottle...

I doubled the quantities to get three jars and a little leftover.  I also put the Bamix through it towards the end but next time I will do that at the start because I want to end up with a lighter coloured jam.  Peter reckons it will be nice in a jam roly poly - well that's happening this weekend so we'll soon find out.

Have a lovely Easter and be safe on the roads.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely, Barb. Have a relaxing Easter if you can although I imagine you will be out in your garden if it isn't raining. No rain here today. Sun is shining and it's a bit windy. Hope we do get some rain though.

    ReplyDelete