Friday, 19 June 2015

What has been keeping us busy

We've had a new addition to our family which I'll show you in a minute, but first I wanted to say thank you x 3 to my lovely friends who commented and sent personal messages of support after my last post.  I can tell you, my heart was in my mouth when I posted last time, I didn't know what to expect coming back to me, but I was overwhelmed by the kindness, empathy, and practical support I received.  I am feeling stronger on the issue, and know that we have a long way to go, but that somehow we will move through it.  Thank you again all.

***********************************************

Now, onto something that is just lovely.  Yesterday morning hubby went out to feed the sheep which is normally my job, but I had to shoot off to Toowoomba early.  Anyway, he heard a little voice in the fog and this is who he found..

 His mum wasn't at all interested in him and he was looking pretty miserable so we brought him inside.  We got some more colostrum and put together a mixture for him and he's happy as a lark now.  He has a small crate for inside - by the fire if you please, and a larger crate for outside in the sunshine lined with straw.


He's doing all the right things (wees & poops) and is quite active and adventurous outside.  He likes to play with his 'Mum' Jessie our kelpie cross who seems to have taken him on.  He likes having the TV on as background sound and starts calling out if we and the dogs are all out of the room at the same time.

He's a dear little chappy so I hope we can get him strong and independent enough to go back with the rest of the sheep in a month or two.


















10 comments:

  1. I can remember being a child and having a 16 little piggies in the laundry. Mummy pig (Sadie) had died and we raised them all by hand. Luck there were 6 of us to cover them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Lynda, you would have all had your hands full with 16 babies! One is enough for me.

      Delete
  2. Such a sweetie, won't be long and he'll be all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, Yes they do grow quickly. We take him for walks around the house yard and he's skipping and jumping sideways and everything. You really have to watch out or you trip over him.

      Delete
  3. Well Barb, you won't be lonely for a while with that little darling inside :-) Pity we won't see you tomorrow but you sound like you are having a really busy week. I know where to go for gardening advice. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel, I hope today was good. I just can't seem to get around to everything at the moment. I'll catch up with the next one.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear from you Barb, I have been wondering how you are going. Hope you saw my 2nd comment on your last post?
    That little lamb is sooo cute! You might not want to part with him again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frances, Yes I did see that 2nd comment. I did a tax agents course a couple of years ago so I do our tax and I'm freaking out a little - all the aspects relating to investment properties. I'll be dragging out my notes to have a refresher on the subject. It is good because we have almost no other deductions - so at least there is something good about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you need a hand. Might even be worth while to invest in a tax agent which is also deductible. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. Hi Barb,
    He does look a real charmer. And it sounds like you've found his name already ...Chappy.
    Hope you and yours are doing well.
    -Shiralee.

    ReplyDelete