Thursday, 21 January 2016

Hot

Too hot to blog today!


Actually that reminds me, that glass contains a groovy ice cube. Its an idea I got from my Mum who got it from goodness knows where.  The idea is you get a skinny wedge of lemon, orange, lime or whatever fruit you like, some mint or lemon balm or similar and put all that into the base of a muffin tin then you put in about 1cm of water and freeze it.  You end up with a dozen or so of these...


Which are great as they are bigger than a normal ice cube and last a bit longer (not much longer today though).  Keeps your water or juice or whatever fresher.

So cheers,
Barb

7 comments:

  1. That is an excellent idea. :-) We've been going through ice cubes faster than we can make them!! It is scorching today. I've been doing my gardening in shifts, staying out just long enough to be dripping then come in for a break. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been out in the mornings early but the sun gets hot so quickly. I'm spending time sewing instead. Stay cool.

      Delete
  2. Good idea, Barb. I made some watermelon, banana and strawberry icy poles yesterday which will be eaten today I am sure. I have some frozen yoghurt in the fridge to make the next lot of icy poles which will be a sugar free version of Weiss bars from I Quit Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely Chel. It sure has been a run of hot days. Hopefully we'll get a storm to cool this off later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a clever idea ... I'm going to try this next time I make ice cubes ... Never occurred to me to add the lemon . I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly have needed the drink coolers here lately Wendy.

      Delete