A journal of my favourite pastimes gardening, farming and sewing.

Friday, 19 February 2016

STORMY WEATHER

As the brilliant Billie Holiday sings -
"Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather
Since my man and I ain't together,
Keeps rainin' all of the time

Oh, yeah
Life is bare, gloom and mis'ry everywhere
Stormy weather
And I just can't get my poorself together,
I'm weary all the time
So weary all the time
When he went away the blues walked in and met me.
Oh, yeah
If he stays away old rockin' chair will get me.

All I do is pray the Lord above will let me walk in the sun once more.
I can't go on, can't go on, can't go on, ev'ry thing I had is gone
Stormy weather

Since my man and I ain't together,
Keeps rainin' all the time"




While the above photos show severe looking weather, we fortunately received only some wind and much lovely rain.  It has been so hot and dry again recently, as you can see much of the green has disappeared from the house yard.

I've just had four days at the Sunshine Coast and the heat and humidity there nearly drove me around the twist.  The 3+ hour drive home today in my non-airconditioned little red caboose was also quite trying.  Once I got up over the Great Dividing Range through Cunningham's Gap though,  the relief was immediate and noticeable; still hot but the humidity was trapped on the eastern side of the range and I was clear of it.

So the frogs are singing their song (perhaps a rendition of Stormy Weather), the tanks are filling and I can hear the grass growing, I'm happily at home again.

Cheers, Barb.

9 comments:

  1. Perfect one day, humid the next. Just joking. Lovely sky. I love a good storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lynda, as long as there is no damage!

      Delete
  2. Hasn't the heat been ghastly?! Ayiyi. I'm SO glad for the fabulous storm last night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know February is always the worst month, but I think this is stretching it Krista. we had 36mm I think but it was so lovely and cool afterwards.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are close to the coast now about 15 km inland from Redcliffe and we keep missing all the rain but are getting all the heat and humidity and I am over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been awful Fiona, hopefully we are on the home stretch with summer now. I love it, but February and March do sometimes stretch the friendship!

      Delete
  5. Hi Barb, so good to catch up on Saturday, hope you are feeling a bit cooler now we have dropped a few degrees.
    I have read from the beginning now and I can just imagine what an almighty upheaval it was to move and so frustrating to be getting everything just the way you like it at Boonah but at least all your great improvements will increase the value and the house went from ordinary to looking like a grand Lady, so lovely for our lifestyle to have such wonderful verandahs.
    I am feeding Gerty and she is doing well, and Racheal's scoby has spread her new "skirt" on top of the kombucha so we have progress at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, Thanks for visiting my corner of the world. Yes for me particularly it was an upheaval as I loved living at the Boonah house. However it is lovely here too and now that the garden is coming along, I'm feeling more at home. You have all sorts of loveliness bubbling away at your place.

      Delete